Snow Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Early this morning I got a call from a guy from church...

"Hello?" I answered as I desparately tried to remember if I had forgotten a meeting or something.

"Bishop, this is Elijeah.  Have you looked out your window this morning?" The voice said.

"No.  I haven't."  Truth be told, I was still in bed and wasn't really wanting to get out of it.

"You might wanna take a look."  Elijeah responded.  

So I threw back the blankets, walked over to the window and opened the blinds.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  Snow!!!  Covering everything in the back yard and it was still coming down at a pretty good rate.

Elijeah wanted to know if we were still having church.  I told him I'd call him back shortly.

I turned on the tele to see if there were any warnings and stuff.  Sure enough.  All bridges in Lowndes county were iced over.  I called my 2nd counselor who lives in town and we both agreed to drive around and assess the situation.  After wiping at least a 2 inch layer of snow off the van I drove out to the nearest bridge.  I got there just in time to see a truck slide sideways down half the length of the bridge.  Okay, so the tv report wasn't lying.  Other than the bridges though, the roads were perfectly clear.  

I got home and helped Angela get the kids dressed up.   And then we all went out and played in the snow for a little while.  It was a blast, although I had to answer a whole slew of phone calls and texts about "Are we having church?".  

My counselor and I came to the conclusion that we would hold Sacrament meeting only since a lot of folks probably wouldn't be coming in (it doesn't take much snow to keep Mississippians off the roads).

Anyway, here are a few pictures from this morning.









Oh yeah, and for all of you out there that follow World Superbike racing (that's pretty much just Scott and Kimberly) I gotta give a huge thumbs up to the lone American Ben Spies for pulling out all the stops and snagging pole in his first WSBK race.  What an amazing feat considering he had never been to the track before and the Yamaha is a brand new design.  Ben is the real deal and I hope he can open a huge can on the rest of the WSBK field!! 

Comments

Becky Bean said…
Love the snow pictures. But seriously, you've got to bring the whole fam up here next winter so your kids can REALLY see what snow is like. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Am I in a circus, or what?

New Addition

Age and Experience