You know what stinks?...

RESPONSIBILITY, that's what. 

I was listening to the radio at work this morning and the weather man said that the nice parts of Tennessee and North Carolina were going to get a healthy layer of snow this weekend. 

"Cool!" I thought.  So I called up Angela.
"Hey Ang, lets load up the kids and head to the mountains this weekend."
"Okay," she says.  "Where to?"

So we look at weather reports for Gatlinburg and Maggie Valley and snow reports from the small ski areas that are within a day's drive of here.  After perusing the web sites, we realize that while Gavin and Izzy can be enrolled in ski classes, none of the ski areas offer day care for Milla.  When it becomes apparent that things aren't going to work out for us skiing wise, we look at just going to one of the nice aquariums in Chattanooga or Atlanta. 

After 45 minutes of not coming to a solid plan I vote to think it over for a while and talk again after lunch.  So we hang up.  About 1 minute later it hits me.  I can't go anywhere this weekend.  I've got responsibilities at church that I can't delegate to anybody.  Dang.

And then we get our gas bill for the month.  Its DOUBLE what it was last month, despite me keeping the temps on the "Chilly" end of the thermostat.  I guess we really weren't supposed to go anywhere this weekend.  Double Dang.

On the bright side, its cold and rainy here in Mississippi.  We get yet another weekend of sitting around the house with nothing to do and the kids going crazy with cabin fever.  I can't wait.   

 

Comments

The Reeds said…
Dang that would have be a nice get-away for you guys. I understand about the gas bill. We had to recently fill our tank up. Talk about not being happy after opening that envelope. Anyway, hope you guys are doing well.
Becky Bean said…
Guess you're growing up. Actually, I was just telling Ryan how y'all are pretty good at balancing responsibility and things you enjoy--and you proved me right!
オテモヤン said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Am I in a circus, or what?

New Addition

Age and Experience