To Seoul and Back Again

This was our view from the room at the Best Western Gangnam (don't you dare pronounce it like it's written or the taxi driver may never find it. . .it's more like Kongnaum).

Can you find the Kimchi pots?



Seoul is one awesome city!  Seoul is one crazy packed and busy city!  Seoul has everything you want or need (like some French-style pastries and breads!).  I never knew I was a carbohydrate or bread junkie till I was deprived of it. . .then I found Urban Cafe right near our hotel!


Tuesday through Friday was crazy packed with all the touristy things we could muster.  I won't bore you with details, but here's a picture story of our stay.  I wanna go back!


Palace Tours
DMZ tour




View to North Korea
Dorasan Station-- Jean waiting for a train that will never come
for those trapped in North Korea


I dare you to eat that!


Lunch at the DMZ


Dinner with some new friends
See the resemblance?  He's related!  Ancestor King Sejong


Jogyesa Buddhist Temple (I think I spotted Aang, the Last Airbender!)
Jean, the Olympic champion


After our 2nd attempt to find it. . the Seoul LDS Temple


Gelato and Waffles-- heavenly!


Some Yaki Mondos, please!


And that was just a a fraction of the 1,300 pictures we took!

So did I have the trip of a lifetime?  You bet I did!  Is Jean an awesome travelling companion?  Heck yeah!  I would take her on the Amazing Race anytime!  But next time I hit SK, I'm taking the rest of my family with me!

TILL WE TRAVEL AGAIN, SEE YA!

Comments

Becky Bean said…
Oh my goodness! So cool! I LOVE hearing about your trip--you should do a presentation on it at the fam reunion! And you are looking good, sister!

Popular posts from this blog

New Addition

Am I in a circus, or what?

Age and Experience