Ty's Mancation 2013

Day 1 Recap.

Caledonia, MS to Cedartown, GA.

Why is it that every motorcycle trip I go on includes miles of late night riding in frigid temperatures?  44 deg F on a motorcycle with perforated gear is COLD!!! And stupid me left my cold weather gloves at home.

Anyway, my trip has gotten off to a good start.  Clear weather, no major issues and only one minor roadside repair.  While stopped at a light in Gadsden, AL, a guy in the car next to me told me that my tail light was out.  I pulled over at a city park, pulled off all my luggage and stripped the rear of the bike down.  Turns out one of three wires powering the tail light had pulled out of the connector.  I stripped a bit of insulation off to expose more wire, stuck it back in the connector and taped it up with a short piece of tape.  I'll definitely need to get some electrical tape and fix it properly.  I don't have a lot of faith in the repair as it is.

Tomorrow I head to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground just west of Asheville.  Good roads are in the forecast!  I just hope it warms up a little bit.

Ride on....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I in a circus, or what?

New Addition

Age and Experience