So the last post was about 3 months ago or something to that effect. We've been busy okay?

Just as a quick recap...
September involved birthdays of both Izzy and Angela (as well as Scott, Mom and Dad). Izzy scored a pink electric scooter for her birthday.

Izzy and her birthday present

October involved buying one crusty, old, neglected dirtbike (Honda XR200R) in Memphis. In fact the bike was in such a condition that she has been given the title of "Big Nasty".

But that's not all folks, October also included the repeated electrical failure of my trusty VFR right before a trackday. So what's a guy to do? Well, buy another motorcycle that is NOT scared of the race track. That's right, we added a 2009 Buell 1125R to the stable within in a couple of weeks of buying the XR200R.
Photobucket
The Buell is not afraid of the track. Four days after the purchase, I once again found myself at the beautiful grounds of Barber Motorsports Park for another trackday. The Buell is way more capable than my meager skills can display...but I did get my knee down in the corners! Woot!

But wait, there's more! Then we had Halloween. This involved costumes for the kids--Angela made a really good Yoda costume for Lil' G.--and making a pie and chili for the church's fall festival. I did not win in either contest. :( I think it was rigged.

On top of that, we've had the house of sickness beginning with Gavin getting sick (strep and staph) right before Halloween.

Moving into November...the sickness continued with a couple rounds of ear infections for Milla and both Izzy and Angela coming down with Strep. Luckily, my supreme fitness and ability to run from bad germs allowed me to stay healthy throughout the time our house was infiltrated by the unholy jihad of germy-germs.

Somewhere in all that, I spent a few late nights in the garage getting Big Nasty back to a ride-able condition. That involved tearing the thing completely apart, cleaning and cataloging every part, and repainting all metallic surfaces.

Beginning the tear down 2

Down to the frame 3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was time for Thanksgiving and Tiling. Yes, we like to combine holidays with work. Crazy, I know. This project was long overdue. Trust me. The nasty linoleum in the kitchen was torn out and replaced with ceramic tile from [s]Lowes[/s] Italy. it looks nice and the actual laying of the tile wasn't as difficult as I thought. A big thanks goes out to Dad for coming over and helping to get us well on our way. Unfortunately, the fridge and the oven are still in the living room as we have yet to complete the grouting. How long can we get by with baking all our dinners in a toaster oven?

Aside from the tiling, we managed to have a quiet Thanksgiving dinner. I did not smoke a turkey this year. But I did smoke a ribeye roast (poor man's Prime Rib). It turned out really, really good.
Photobucket

Saturday after Tgiving, Scott and Kimberly came over and we all took turns riding Big Nasty out in the corn field. We had a large time. I'll post pictures as soon as Kimberly gets 'em too me (hint, hint).

Whew! I think that about gets us caught up.

Comments

Reed's Rat Race said…
Does anybody know why my pictures are getting cut-off on the right side? They appear correctly in the composer. But once the blog is posted, the pictures are all cropped on the right side. Rude.
Becky Bean said…
You're hilarious. Thanks for posting, and I will find the opportunity to use "unholy jihad of germy germs" at some point.

Also, it could be your blogger template...go with one that's not fixed width or google how to change the template code.

Do we get to see pics of the h-ween costumes?? :)
I love Izzy's bike that is totally awsome. I miss you guys
Ry Guy said…
'Bout time y'all. Thanks for the update.

Popular posts from this blog

Am I in a circus, or what?

New Addition

Age and Experience